Footnotes for Regional Economic Profiles
- Total earnings less personal contributions for social insurance
adjusted to place of residence.
- Consists largely of supplemental security income payments, family
assistance, general assistance payments, food stamp payments, and
other assistance payments, including emergency assistance.
- Census Bureau midyear population estimates. Estimates for
1990-98 reflect county population estimates available as of March
2000 except for Prince George's and Montgomery, MD. A portion of
Takoma Park, MD was annexed from Prince George's County, MD to
Montgomery County, MD on March 1, 1997. The Census Bureau
adjusted their population estimates to reflect this annexation
back through 1990. The Prince George's MD and Montgomery, MD
population estimates for 1990-1996 have been adjusted by BEA to
be consistent with BEA income estimates, which do not reflect the
- Type of income divided by population yields a per capita measure
for that type of income.
- Excludes limited partners.
- Cibola, NM was separated from Valencia in June 1981, but in these
estimates Valencia includes Cibola through the end of 1981.
- La Paz County, AZ was separated from Yuma County on January 1,
1983. The Yuma, AZ MSA contains the area that became La Paz
County, AZ through 1982 and excludes it beginning with 1983.
- Estimates for 1979 forward reflect Alaska Census Areas as defined
in the 1980 Decennial Census; those for prior years reflect
Alaska Census Divisions as defined in the 1970 Decennial Census.
Estimates from 1988 forward separate Aleutian Islands Census Area
into Aleutians East Borough and Aleutians West Census Area.
Estimates for 1991 forward separate Denali Borough from
Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area and Lake and Peninsula Borough from
Dillingham Census Area. Estimates from 1993 forward separate
Skagway-Yakutat-Angoon Census Area into Skagway-Hoonah-Angoon
Census Area and Yakutat Borough.
- Shawano, WI and Menominee, WI are combined as Shawano (incl.
Menominee), WI for the years prior to 1989.
- Halifax, VA contains South Boston for all years.
Regional Economic Information System
Bureau of Economic Analysis
Return to Economic Profiles.